In the world of beauty, there are endless beauty tips and rules to keep you looking fabulous. The more beauty tips you know, the better you’ll be prepared to handle every situation. In the list of beauty advice below Beauty High breaks down all those tricks to make the industry less scary for women from makeup artists, hairstylists, etc…..
beauty should always be fun!
1. Use a cream or milk cleanser to wash your face. Creams are less drying than gels.
2. To keep hair color vibrant longer, use shampoos and conditioners formulated for colored hair.
3. Carrots are good for the hair. A healthy diet leads to a beautiful you.
4. The best time to apply creams is after the shower, as the skin has been de-oiled.
5. Replace mascara and liquid eyeliner after 3-4 months.
6. Hydrate your under-eye area with an eye cream to prevent puffiness and bags.
7. If you have light hair,”put a lotion over the eyebrows and hair line” when self-tanning the face. Also remember to “apply it in circular motions and blend down to the neck.
8. If you often find yourself being too tired to wash your face at night, keep makeup removing wipes in your night stand to prevent a runny mess or morning break out.
9. Pop 1-2 Advil before going waxing to prevent pain.
10. The best way to get rid of ingrown hairs is to exfoliate,”which rids the skin of dead cells and allows the hair to break through the surface.
11. When using an eyeshadow primer, only place the primer where you’ll be adding color.
12.”Cream rouge [blush] should be the first thing that touches your cheeks when you want to project an image of healthy and pinched cheeks”.
13. If you choose to use false eyelashes, remember to use the dark glue as it will blend in with the lashes.
14. When buying “organic” beauty products, make sure to check if they are FDA certified organic. This will prevent you from getting scammed.
15. Use a facial exfoliater bi-weekly to get dead skin of dead skin. Makeup will look better on a clean, smooth canvas.
16. After using a a hair conditioning mask, follow with “a cold water rinse to close the hair cuticles.
17. To get your braid to last all day, try styling hair that’s “dirty with product.” This will make the style stick longer.
18. Use a clarifying shampoo once a week to get rid of any product build-up that may have occured during the week.
19. If you have chipped nail polish, add glitter on top to disguise the look of chipping.
20. Use a pumice stone on your feet after the shower to get rid of calluses.
21. Exfoliate before applying self tanner to get rid of dead skin. Tanning products tend to cling to dryer areas and rougher areas, like your knees and elbows, so make sure they’re moisturized first.
22. If you straighten your hair with a flat iron, cause less heat damage by letting hair air dry. The less heat, the better!
23. To minimize pores, use a pore-minimizing facial wash followed by a toner. Make sure the toner is alchohol-free so it won’t dry out your skin.
24. The healthier you are, the healthier your hair! Take a daily multi-vitamin with Biotin to help hair grow faster.
25.To mask split ends, use an iron to straighten ends and then apply a hair repair cream.
26.There are always cheap, natural and effective homemade beauty recipes.
27.To fix brassy hair color, use a color-depositing shampoo with purple tones. For unwanted redness, use a color-depositer with a green tone.
28. To cover up roots in a hurry, use a dry shampoo spray for your hair color. If you don’t keep this product around, use eyeshadow (in a shade closest to your hair color) for a quick fix.
29. Get a “dewy glow” using a highlighter or illuminator above your cheekbones and on the brow bone, just underneath your eyebrows.
30. To contour cheeks, use a matte powder (a few shades darker than your skin tone) with an angled brush. Blend on temples and under cheek bone.
31.When using a cream product (blush or eyeshadow), lock it in by using a translucent powder over it.
32. Get quick volume by using a root lifter, then use hairspray to set hair. This will prevent it from falling flat during the day.
33. For makeup that lasts all day and night, use a makeup-sealing product like a setting spray.
34. To help you find the right shade of foundation, choose the product you think is closest to your color and try it on your jawline in natural light. You will be able to easily compare it to your neck’s color to see if you need to go for a different undertone, lighter or darker.
35. Try out the funky hair color trends without dyeing your hair. Instead, dust bright blush in your ponytail for the same effect.
36. “Foot perspiration is typical in the summer and can lead to fungal infection and unwanted odor. Wash feet daily, and let them dry thoroughly before putting shoes on”.
37. Splurge on items that are important to you.”If mascara is really your thing and you fall in love with a mascara that’s $40, buy the mascara.”
38.”Don’t be too serious: It’s only Makeup! “
39. To reduce unwanted shine, use a moisturizer that mattifies your skin. That way you get the moisture your skin needs without looking greasy.
40. To create a lived-in look for your hair, use thickening or sea-salt mist before you blow-dry. Follow by running a volumizing or texture cream through hair.
41. When applying bronzer, “first start by applying it around the perimeter of your face and follow with a light dusting on your forehead, nose and chin”.
42. To get curls when you have straight hair, use, “a volumizer or volume thickening agent, a curl enhancing product, light holding finishing spray”.
43.”Foundation should never be heavy”- Aura Schwartz, makeup artist. Apply liquid foundation with a damp makeup sponge for best results.
44.”The right red [lipstick] will light up your hair, eyes and skin immediately, the wrong one will not.”.
45. To clean up the flick of a cat eye, use a dampened, pointed Q-tip.
45.To revive curls mid-day, “Take a very small amount of pomade and put it in the palms of your hands. Rub them together. Next gently smooth the pomade over your curls and scrunch just a little bit”.
47.”You should always go to a hair-removal specialist, where waxing, laser etc. is their main business – don’t go to a nail salon for a wax”.
48.”A little silvery-blue eyeliner on the lower lid is very flirty”.
49.”Use your concealer as a base on your eyelids”-Melissa Silver, Maybelline makeup artist. Concealer will help to absorb oil and your eyeshadow will stick to the product instead of your lids, making it stay longer.
50. If you’re not a fan of liquid liner, get the look of liquid eye liner by using a gel instead